Spring Break Stay-cation!
Spring break is right around the corner! Either you have big plans or have forgotten your kids are out for a week. Traveling with a family can be challenging and comes with a lot of moving parts. Request time off from work- try to decide on a destination- set a budget- make travel arrangements- plan who is going to watch the pets- shop for the trip- pack the entire household and pray you haven’t forgotten anything.
Spring break vacations can be costly and take a lot of planning. If you haven’t planned a trip by now, there’s a possibility the best rates are no longer available. Unfortunately, the early bird gets the worm on those deals. But WAIT! There is still hope for a fun week. You have time to plan a Stay-cation. It’ll be your new favorite thing!
So, what is a stay-cation? Just like it sounds, a vacation that doesn’t require much, if any travel. The point is for it to still feel like the family is off- together doing something fun. The chances are that your city has a few things to offer that you may have forgotten all about.
Here are a couple of staycation suggestions your family will love
- Spend the day at an amusement park- when was the last time your family went to an amusement park? This may be one the most expensive options on the list but this expense will for sure be a crowd pleaser with the kiddos.
- Visit a local museum- if your city has a nearby museum, now is the perfect opportunity to spend your money locally and check out the museum. You may learn something new and find out a lot about your town.
- Attend a community festival- during spring break cities usually put on some sort of festival. Check out the list of events happening in your area on your Chamber of Commerce website.
- Take a trip to the zoo or aquarium- the never disappoints. No matter how many times you have gone, it always is a crowd pleaser. Make a game of it- play iSPY or map out feeding times and get in on zookeeper interaction.
- Host a family board game tournament- invest in a few new board games and battle the family in a day-long tournament complete with snacks and drinks.
- Get Outside- buy some kites, bubbles, hula-hoops, a slip-n-slide, a bug catcher, or maybe camp out. There is so much to do in your own backyard. Host a Family Olympics and plan a full day of outdoor activities. Get some ideas here.
- Geocaching- if you have not heard of geocaching, it may be one the largest games of scavenger hunt in the world. Download the app and let the fun begin. The GPS will lead you to treasures that people from all around have visited and contributed too. Check out the details at geochaching.com.
There are several options to enjoy your spring break as a family without having to travel too far. Enjoy the time as a family and see what kind of adventures your gang can find!